Jerry O'Connor was born into a family of seven brothers in Southwest Wisconsin. His family moved to Lomira during his high school years. He has since had a long history as a resident in the city and county of Fond du Lac.
Jerry has two daughters and two grandkids from his first marriage to Amy, who passed away in 2015 after a short battle with cancer. He has since been re-married to Luanne (Bohlman-Romuald) who had also suffered the loss of a spouse in late 2014. Luanne is a Fond du Lac native and has been active in many ways throughout the community. Luanne brought her three children and two grandkids to this amazing blended family.
Following graduation from High School, Jerry attended Minnesota Bible College and later graduated from the University of Wisconsin Graduate School of Banking.
Jerry spent his career working in the financial sector. The past 22 years at a community bank in Waupun. In his various capacities, he worked with families to save and build for their futures; finance cars, boats and campers; homes and education; businesses and farming.
When they met, Luanne asked Jerry what he enjoyed most about his job? His answer was, "Being in a position where I could truly make a difference in people's lives. I could help our customers achieve their dreams and goals. I was also able to help families, businesses and farmers when they faced tough financial times. These are the things I found most fulfilling. Leading a team where we could be there for our customers when they needed us."
Jerry will bring this same focus to the State Assembly. He clearly understands that our economy needs good paying jobs, an education system that partners with parents in preparing our children for productive successful lives; complemented by a government that lives within its means and protects us without over-reaching, over-regulating or over-taxing us. Please read more from my positions set forth the Issues tab.
Jerry has led a number of organizations and has been active within the community in a variety of ways to include:
- Current board Chair of the Charis Pregnancy Help Center;
- Board Treasurer of eCenter For Hope and Vision;
- Past Board Chair positions: Rotary Club, Wisconsin Bankers Assn and Community Bankers of Wisconsin plus several banking and Financial Industry boards;
- Past Board Member of: the FDL County Capital Resources Board, The FDL County Economic Development Corp,
- the Board Treasurer for the Waupun Industrial Development Corp;
- Past Member of: FDL Area Agri-Business Council, FDL County 4-H Horse Project;
- Leaderships Roles in church and prison ministry where he has positively impacted thousands of lives